Hail Mary PR seeks an Account Manager to run day-to-day activities on 3-4 accounts, reporting to an Account Director and growing into the primary client contact. The candidate in this role will independently and aggressively lead media relations from strategy to execution for all their clients, while supporting across the broader client roster, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience with a history of “roll-up-your-sleeves” execution and “cool, calm and collected” client-facing responsibilities. Candidates must possess fearless hustle, great instincts, be relentlessly strategic, uncomfortably honest and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. An understanding of modern media relations and the confidence that their writing, pitching and persistence will get attention, build trust and earn placements is mandatory.
• Planning and executing day-to-day work on 3-4 accounts,
including providing required status and measurement
• Leading media relations campaigns from strategy through
execution and reporting (and everything in between).
• Writing – PR strategies and client emails, to press releases
and targeted pitches.
• Assisting in annual planning for clients, including goal
setting, budgeting, and developing greater marketing
• Research – becoming category experts so as to better
identify opportunities and service client needs.
• Ideation – fully understanding relevant aspects of our
clients’ businesses and generating new ideas on a
• Managing junior team members, as needed.
• Contribute to growing the agency’s business by
participating in new business efforts as needed.
Skills / Experience
• College graduate or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 years in PR, marketing, communications or a start-up
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with
changing needs and requirements.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Cision (or another
similar media relations database).
Send cover letter and resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org